Saturday, September 17, 2016

HOW I GOT AN AWARD IN ENGLISH STUDIES

I am not a native English speaker though English Language is the Lingual Franca in my Country because Britain colonised us but I did get a Federal Award for Excellence in English Language Studies when I was about to leave College.

How did that happen?

By magic?  Hell No.

Here's how...

1. I always Loved that course :
Every English class was party to me. I enjoyed it and I participated keenly during class so I got good grades... I started building my love for English language the same way I loved to read books, novels, articles. They were written in English Language so loving them meant I loved the Study of English Language in itself.

2. I took notes down :
In my English class, I always paid full attention and jotted important points down, that also built and Increased my First Love for Writing .

3. I sat in front of class :
It was like a permanent position, everyone knew where I would sit, it was my reservation for English class and every other classes I took.

4. I showed Interest in the course and it's teacher :
Even when class was getting boring, I would raise my hand, ask questions that would bring up more questions from others and before we say "Jack Robinson " everyone has something they want to say to prove they weren't dullards.

5. I was willing to participate in English studies related Competitions :
It made me versatile because to win a competition, you have to read a lot and do a lot of writing too. I participated in literary competitions and won so that registered my name on most teachers mind that I was brilliant.

6. I read, researched and revised my notes immediately after school : English studies was like champagne to me, I used it to create breaks in between seemly difficult subjects any time I was studying. You can do that too, use your favourite subject to break the ice before studying other subjects. 

I also researched further about it too because English Language like I know is not static, it is Dynamic, so you keep upgrading if you must know it to a great extent. 

7. I was a curious learner :
My curiosity to learn English properly improved my Vocabulary a great deal. I wanted to know more so I had to keep Learning everyday, I learned new words every day. 

Well, not like I didn't do well in other courses but I did excellently well in English Studies  and that's why I wrote this to tell you how.

I am sure if you did this for every other course, you would excel in them too. 

These worked for me and I just shared them with you briefly, Find what works for you too and feel free to write back to us at bibeychukwusa@gmail.com , we would publish yours too to encourage students  to work more and be excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We really appreciate you for taking your time here . Do leave a fingerprint of your presence by comments, it would mean a lot.
Thank you once again!