Friday, January 13, 2017

DEEP AGONY 2

DEEP AGONY 1

Fiction plus Reality.

Kelvin's younger brother, Steven who was doing his internship at a Federal teaching hospital came by the maternity and was sad to see how bad things had gone.
"We can’t take her away from here right now, she may not survive it... She's sweating, lets take her to the shower"- Steven.
They both lifted her from off the bed and she collapsed into Kelvin's arm. Steven screamed for the nurses for help and asked Steven to get a face towel soaked in water while he put Nma back on bed and checked for her vital signs...
"weak pulse... We need help, she needs help... You could lose her and that baby if we don't do something soon" - Steven.

Kelvin on running out bumped into the doctor and a few nurses on his trail... Two pushed a trolley before them.
The baby's head had crowned. Medical implication meaning the baby was ready to be delivered, head first.
There was no time, the air was tense, someone's life was at stake.
"There was a rushed talk about performing an emergency C-section... "- Kelvin

But as though Nma wanted to make her own decision; She found strength and while Kelvin held her right palm in his left palm, she began to push... The doctor positioned to catch the baby while the nurses got other things set out.

And with one deep moan, she arched her back forward, bit hard on her lower lip and shut her eyes- A baby was born!

The nurse moved swiftly, she tugged and pulled at baby limbs... Baby was dead! I knew it already and my heart palpitated.

Pads and towels soaked in blood, Nma couldn’t stop bleeding and dying... No matter what the doctors did;  "Another doctor came in along the line".

"At that moment I wished I could give her a life insurance, I wished hopelessly that I could share my strength and breathe with her... Watching the love of my life die was the most horrifying experience ever"- Kelvin choked with emotions.

°°°°°°°°°°

In the early hours of Sunday,  Easter Sunday, Nma let go -  she fought no more for life that mattered, she went where no pain could reach her. Her last breathe was soft and peaceful... Kelvin kissed  her deeply one last, long time and as though Nma loved it, she smiled slightly before she went limp.

°°°°°°°°°°

It was three days before Kelvin could return home to their apartment and when he opened the front door, he broke down in agonising sobs.

"Everything was still as we had left it three days ago, everywhere I looked I saw memories... Her night wear lay neatly folded on the bed, her scent was everywhere, that feminine, lovely smell that made me so dizzy and longing for her"- Kelvin.

Nma's possessions were put in storage.

Though the centre was sued,  it made life no better for Kelvin. Nma was gone forever, she was one part of him, he never thought would leave him so quickly.
He blamed himself for her death and wished he could apologize to her for every wrong step he took. He wished he could make up for all the times he offended her at home.

°°°°°°°°°°

A year after her funeral

To relax- He relieved memories of how they met and every beautiful time they had spent together.
"Every time I felt her soft caress across my skin, it made me smile even in my dream and waking up to reality that she wasn’t there nestled by my side was bitter".

Nma was cherry to Kelvin;
"She was a flower I ever wanted to groom, so delicate and pure. My love for her is like cold magma.
She was the softest and sweetest teddy I could ever cuddle... Nma had places in my heart and still does"

No comments:

Post a Comment

We really appreciate you for taking your time here . Do leave a fingerprint of your presence by comments, it would mean a lot.
Thank you once again!